Get Your Fitness Groove Back
"If we wait until we're ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives!"
I don't know about you, but when I'm out of my routine I struggle with sticking to my fitness plan and goals. And really, moving and being active is one of the best gifts we can give ourselves. Movement is good for your mind, soul, and body! Don't sell yourself short. These Top 5 Tips Below will help you get your fitness groove back or even get it started if the idea of getting started hasn't felt realistic or maybe it's even been intimidating. Ready?! Let's get moving!
Tenley's Top 5: To Get Your Fitness Groove Back
1) Schedule your workouts! We show up for coffee or happy hour with friends, so why don't we show up for ourselves? If it's on your calendar, commit to showing up, make yourself a priority just as much as you prioritize others.
2) Plan ahead: Pack or set out your workout gear! If you're hitting the gym or the pavement before work, set out your workout shoes & clothes to throw on in the morning so that you don't have any excuses. If you're getting to it after work or on your lunch break, pack everything with you & change before you leave your work place! (I know some people that even sleep in their workout clothes the night before!)
3) Set goals! How many days do you want to be working out? What kinds of workouts do you want to get in? Establish this & write it down as you schedule your workouts (Tip #1) on the calendar.
"Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off excellent."
4) Nourish yourself! Hydrate with WATER! Feed yourself real food! Avoiding the sodas, abundance of coffee (I'm working on this one), processed foods, etc. you'll have the energy to show up for yourself!
5) Don't be discouraged! We've gotta start somewhere. If your goal seems just too far away & that's keeping you from starting, don't let that hold you back anymore! Set those goals, schedule your workouts, take care of you, & get started! That's one step closer to getting where you want to be! Start with simple and realistic goals that will at least get you moving, if this hasn't been a part of your daily life for a long time. Beginner/or returners that have taken a long break examples to get you started: Walking the stairs at work instead of the elevator Going for a walk on your lunch break, in the morning, or in the evening. Do a youtube workout (play on computer, ipad, or phone) while watching TV in the privacy of your own home!
6) Bonus tip!! Start today!!! Put your shoes on, step outside, breathe in the fresh air & move a little! Don't just wait for Monday! You've got this! Now let's get moving!
"Work out because you love your body, Not because you Hate it!"
Do you have any tips for getting your workouts in? Comment below! We can all use a little extra motivation and more ideas of how to stay motivated!