A favorite warming dish. Complex Carbohydrates that won’t spike your blood sugar, but leave you satisfied and energized. So much flavor too. I often use this dish as a side, or have it cooked up for the week to make Breakfast Bowls and/or lunch and dinner bowls. Just add some protein, some leafy greens, a healthy fat, and you’re set!
This is a great dish to take to holiday gatherings and is an easy one for those with restrictive food sensitivities!
- Organic Avocado Oil (for high heat)
- 1 Organic Butternut Squash Cubed
- 2 Organic Sweet Potatoes/Yams, cubed
- 2-4 Cloves of Garlic, sliced into slivers
- Dried Rosemary
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Optional: Shredded White Cheddar Goat Cheese (I use Goat Dairy as it is not as hard on the tummy, for most)
- Pre-heat oven to 400
- Place Cubed Butternut Squash and Cubed Sweet Potatoes/Yams into a medium size bowl
- Drizzle Avocado Oil
- Add in slivered Garlic
- Sprinkle a generous amount of Himalayan Pink Salt & Pepper
- Generously sprinkle Rosemary
- Massage ingredients together and mix so all is cover
- Place on a Cookie Sheet (Use parchment paper to help from sticking)
- Place in oven for 35-40 minutes (or until veggies are golden and texture is soft)
- Optional: Add Shredded White Cheddar Goat Cheese as soon as you pull veggies out of the oven to let cheese melt
- Serve while hot. Place in a serving dish and voila!