These pancakes are easy, grain free, so naturally gluten free. But without the grains this gives you an anti-inflammatory option for those of you struggling with a little extra bloating and inflammation. The pumpkin is a great complex carbohydrate giving you the energy you need, but not spiking your blood sugar the way refined flours and pancake mixes do. This recipe is also easy peasy, which I LOVE! This is a great fall and winter go to (but can be enjoyed all year round), and a great way to use up your left over pumpkin sitting in the back of your fridge from the baking you've been doing all season.
*Paleo Friendly Recipe!
*Recipe makes a couple small pancakes, so double recipe for more!
- 2 Eggs (Pastured are my preference)
- 1/4 cup Organic canned Pumpkin (Look for BPA free cans!)
- 1/4 tsp Organic Vanilla (you can play with this amount too!)
- A good dash of Cinnamon (I love cinnamon and have never measured this- feel free to share what works for you!)
- OPTIONAL: for added protein add a 1/2 scoop of your favorite clean protein powder.
- Whisk ingredients together well.
- Use coconut oil to grease skillet/pan
- Pour Batter, one at a time into pan. (Easier for them to be flipped at a smaller size, and cooking individually will keep them from becoming one big pancake!)
- Flip when the whole pancake feels sturdy enough to stay together, and cook until golden brown.
- Enjoy with some organic Maple Syrup or raw Honey. You could also add some pecans or chocolate chips.